- Core Industries Served
One of the most common questions that Ottawa website design companies come across while dealing with their clients is “How much time will it take to finish my website?” Well, the answer completely depends on what your requirements exactly are. It may take a few weeks or even a few months. Although there isn’t a concrete timeline that we could promise, there are a few deciding factors that confirm your project timeline.
It is no-brainer that the earlier your project begins, the sooner it will be live. But when you make an inquiry, it is not necessary that your web development company is all free and waiting for you. They might have certain ongoing projects that need to be finished first before they can begin working on yours. As a good client, you need to understand things from their point of view as well. Most of the companies offering web development in Ottawa have limited resources in terms of developers and designers. Although they will try to allocate those resources to your project as soon as possible, the initial time before the actual work starts is a considerable factor in deciding your project’s timeline and delivery date.
Once the web development agency you hired begins working on your project, they need to go through certain phases of development. These includes:
1) Research Phase: This phase includes the discovery and research in terms of your requirements to help you with a solution that meets your needs. This generally takes 1 to 3 weeks, depending on the complexity of your project.
2) Design Phase: Now that the requirements are clear, it’s time to work on your web design. From the basic UI to use-centric interaction, the design team works preparing a wireframe or prototype to help clients visualize the end product. This may take 4 to 5 weeks as it may involve multiple iterations after the client-designer meetings.
3) Development Phase: After the design is confirmed, the development of your website begins. This is where the major time is spent. Depending on the complexity of your website requirements and designs, it may take from 3 to 6 weeks.
4) Review And Modification: Perfection is rarely achieved in a single try. With each iteration, the client reviews the website and suggests relevant modifications. This may take another 2 to 3 weeks.
5) Migration And Launch: The final phase is the migration of your website to the live server and making it ready to launch.
Once the complete website is ready, it needs proper testing to check for any bugs or security loopholes. This is necessary as you do not want trouble after the website is up and running in front of your targeted audience.
To develop an aesthetically pleasing and usable website, it needs somewhere around 10 weeks, which may vary as per your requirements. If you are willing to hire an expert web development company in Ottawa, Marketing Blendz is an option worth considering. We provide you with a clear project timeline to give you an idea as to when to expect the launch of your website. While we work on your website, we keep you updated with the progress and make sure your patience pays off.
Website by Marketing Blendz ©2022